|Career Title:||Chief Administrative Officer (CAO)|
|NAICS Code:||Administrative, Support and Remediation (56)|
|Modified Date:||Sep 08, 2018|
|Description:||Located 45 minutes east of Edmonton on Highway 15, the Town of Lamont is a progressive and growing community of over 1,700 residents. It provides a relaxed country living with all the amenities of a larger centre. Lamont has a full range of services including a nationally top-rated hospital, a full-service senior’s lodge, a pre-kindergarten to grade 12 public school, tourist accommodations, fine dining, as well as a full assortment of shopping needs to ensure your stay is a pleasant one. For additional information, please visit our website at www.lamont.ca and begin to experience city living -country style as our motto states.
Reporting to the Mayor and Council, the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) is responsible for guiding the day-to-day affairs of the Town as outlined in the Municipal Government Act (MGA), Town bylaws, and policies as set by Council. With 13 permanent staff, and a combined budget of $5M, you will:
* Provide effective advice and support to the Mayor and Council in developing, implementing, and executing policies and strategies.
* Deliver solid leadership to the senior management team and Town staff.
* Promote opportunities to the public for public participation on civic issues.
* Ensure that Town staff are committed to providing the highest level of service to the general public
and the business community through clear and transparent communication.
|Qualifications:||The successful candidate will possess the following:
* A post-secondary education, or a combination of relevant training and senior leadership experience.
* A demonstrated track record of strong leadership and direction with prior senior management experience...preferably in a municipal setting.
* The ability to work effectively with elected officials, community volunteers, businesses, Boards and committees, and the general public.
* A thorough understanding of the financial and budgeting process.
* Appreciation of the legislative process and knowledge of the Alberta Municipal Government Act.
* Proven experience in strategic planning, organizational development and achieving results in
building team relations.
* Experience in implementing development plans, capital works and infrastructure improvement
|Salary:||Negotiable based on experience.|
|Job Expiry Date:||Oct 31, 2018|
|Company:||Town of Lamont|
|Postal code:||T0B 2R0|