Municipal Property Tax Rebate Program
This program allows for prospective developers to apply for a property tax rebate up to three-years, offering an incentive to developers to invest in Lamont. This program supports economic development attraction initiatives for the community.
- New residential or commercial construction projects which are constructed on vacant lands.
- New residential or commercial construction projects which are replacing existing structures.
- Applicants must be the legal landowner as listed on the Certificate of Title.
- The rebate program only applies to the municipal portion of taxes and does not apply to taxes on the land assessment or the requisitions, such as the Alberta Education requisition and the Lamont County Seniors Foundation requisition.
- New construction with approved development and building permits dated after May 12, 2021.
- Property taxes must be current at the time of application.
- All new construction must conform to the current Town of Lamont Land Use Bylaw and Alberta Building Code regulations.
Application Deadline: December 1st each year.
For more information: