COVID-19 - Novel Coronavirus
The Town of Lamont is following the direction of Alberta Health Services (AHS), which is the authority on COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) for municipalities.
The public is encouraged to visit Alberta Health Services and the Government of Canada’s websites for verified information, as well as steps people can take to keep our community healthy.
Updates to this page will occur as information becomes available.
Town of Lamont - Community Updates
- Phase 1 Economic Relaunch Bulletin
- No Property Tax Increase for 2020
- Utility Deferral Program - March 31, 2020
- Playground Closure - March 27, 2020
- Mandatory Business Closures - March 25, 2020
This website provides an up to date overview of the virus and the steps the Government of Alberta is taking to protect Albertans.
Information for Businesses
- Alberta BizConnect - Information and Guidance on Re-Opening and Relaunch
- List of Essential Services
- (Essential Services: If you have questions about how the essential services list may apply to your business, or if you need to determine if your business is an essential service, please email BizConnect@gov.ab.ca.
- Businesses not on the List of Essential Services
- Restrictions on Gatherings and Businesses
- Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy
- Government of Canada - Supports for Businesses
The provincial medical officers of health post information to this website to keep health care professionals and community members updated on the latest information available.
If you need help:
Alberta Health Services has resources and services available to help you or someone you know who may be affected:
Public concern over the novel coronavirus provides an opportunity to remind the public to practice personal hygiene that includes:
• Wash your hands often and well
• Avoid touching your face, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick
• Clean and disinfect surfaces that are frequently touched
• Stay at home and away from others if you are feeling ill
• When sick, cover your cough and sneezes and then wash your hands