David Taylor 218
Kirk Perrin 218
Perry Koroluk 194
Jody Foulds 188
Doug Pewarchuk 180
Al Harvey 161
Town of Lamont is seeking an
Accounts Payable/Tax Clerk/Recording Secretary
Accounts Payable & Tax Clerk Duties Include:
• Sort and code incoming bills for payment
• Input accounts into the system
• Balance and issue cheques
• Receive and verify invoices have been approved by appropriate department head
• File invoices upon payment
• Process all changes to tax rolls, ensure Tax Master is kept current and process PAP Pymts
• Provide the necessary information for the Tax Recovery process
• Input all changes received from Land Titles
• Provide tax certificates and searches
• Telephone and counter reception and receipt of bill payments
• Any other duties as required
• Prepare agenda for Council meetings
• Prepare Request for Decision (RFD) document for Council consideration.
• Amass all correspondence, staff reports, for Councils review the week prior to a meeting.
• Attend all evening Council meetings for the purpose of taking minutes, a minimum 2 meetings per month.
• Transcribe the minutes as written for Council approval and signature at the following Council meeting and keep signed minutes in a safe, secure location.
• Be familiar with meeting procedures
Successful candidate should have:
• The ability to pay close attention to detail, accuracy and deadlines
• Be self-motivated
• Process strong organizational and communication skills
• Strong knowledge of accounts payable
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office and have strong computer skills
The Town of Lamont offers a competitive salary, benefit package and pension. Interested persons can send your resume to:
Town of Lamont
Box 330 or: in person to 5307 50 Avenue, Lamont
T0B 2R0 or: via e-mail to email@example.com
ATTN: Sandi Maschmeyer
Deadline for applications: October 20, 2017
The Town of Lamont thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
The last day for Yard Waste pick up will be October 25, 2017
The last day for Compost Yard drop off will be October 28, 2017
It's that time of year !
Watch for times on our calendar for
Public skating and Shinny Hockey
Election Day is October 16, 2017
from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
at the Lamont Hall.
In order to vote, you must provide identification which
establishes both name and current residential address.
Ex. Utility bill, tax bill
Spray Park is now shut off for the season
It will be reopened in the spring as weather permits
Nominations for election
Mayor Bill Skinner Acclaimed
6 Councillor positions for election
We have updated our Park Sponsorship to make it more accessible to get a leaf on our Sponsorship Tree.
The Town of Lamont has passed the new Land Use Bylaw 06/17. The purpose of the bylaw is to establish development rules, regulations and standards to ensure clarity and continuity of regulations across the different land use districts in the community. This non-statutory document is the primary tool used to assess development proposals in the community. For more information see Development
When you and your pets are enjoying our Parks and green spaces, please remember to clean up after them.
We have Doggie stations throughout Hillside park attached to our refuse bins
The out of Town Compost Yard will be open Saturdays starting May 6 from 9:00 a.m. until Noon.
The site is for yard waste only!!!