Municipal Enforcement

Municipal Enforcement

The Town uses contract services to provide enforcement services for the community.

The Community Peace Officer main enforcement responsibilities are:

  • Animal Control & Licensing
  • Unsightly Properties
  • Noise Complaints
  • Traffic Control

If you have concerns about a dog's wellbeing or see a dog at large within the Town, please contact Terry at 780-998-7914.

How to Make a Complaint?

Contact the Town Office 780-895-2010 or email: 
Unless it is an emergency please contact the RCMP 9-1-1.


1. When you make the complaint, we will ask you your full name and address, and a phone number where we can reach you at home, at work and/or on cell. (This information is kept confidential.)

2.Once Enforcement Services receives a complaint, a Peace Officer is dispatched to make contact with the person in question. Response time will depend on availability of personnel at the time of the call, and the priority of the complaint.

If the complaint is not urgent, we may ask for assistance. For example, if a stray dog has been found and a Peace Officer is not available, we may ask the complainant to keep the dog until an officer is available or take the dog to the animal shelter yourself

3. The Peace Officer assigned to the complaint will take evaluate the complaint and take appropriate action based on the details of complainant and with the evidence available.