Tax Installment Payment Plan (TIPP)
The Tax Installment Payment Plan (TIPP) Bylaw 07/20 allows residents to sign up for a monthly, direct withdrawal of their property tax payments from their bank accounts.
This plan provides taxpayers the opportunity to pay their property taxes in monthly installments rather than the one large single payment that comes due once per year.
The Plan runs from January 1 - December 31, yearly.
You may join the TIPP if:
- Your tax account is paid in full and you have no arrears or penalties from previous years;
- You have an account with chequing privileges at a financial institution;
- You do not currently pay your taxes through a mortgage company; and
- Your application is received by February 15th of the current year, provided that a pro-rated portion of your taxes are paid in advance.
To participate in the Plan please submit the following to the Town of Lamont:
- Application Form (Tax Installment Payment Plan)
- Provide a "VOID" cheque or financial institution form
If a monthly installment payment is defaulted by the Taxpayer, the Taxpayer will be responsible for any fees or administrative charges in accordance with the current Fees and Charges Bylaw.
If two (2) monthly installment payments are defaulted by the Taxpayer, the plan will be cancelled and all taxes shall become due and payable within thirty (30) days and shall be subject to the penalty provisions which are typically calculated for unpaid taxes.
Withdrawal from TIPP
Taxpayers may cancel the Plan at any time upon fifteen (15) days written notice. All taxes shall then become due and payable.
Change of Account or Property Changes
It is the Taxpayers responsibility to notify the Town, in writing, if they sell their property, change banks or bank accounts, or make any other changes that would affect the Plan. If the Taxpayer withdraws from the plan all unpaid taxes become due and payable within thirty (30) days and are subject to penalties in accordance with the Tax Penalty Bylaw.
Written notification can be sent by:
Fax: (780) 895-2595
Mail: Box 330, Lamont, Alberta, T0B 2R0