Payment Options for Town Services
The Town offers several convenient ways to pay for Town Services.
During business hours at the Town Office (This option can be done by appointment only at this time).
After Hours - Use the mail slot located on the side (east) door of our building.
Pay at the bank
The Town of Lamont is registered with most Chartered Banks and Financial Institutions.
Interac Email Funds Transfer (E-transfer)
This option allows residents to make online payments through their bank for property taxes, utility bills and invoices.
Steps for doing an e-transfer payment:
- Add the Town of Lamont to your recipient list within your interac e-transfer screen in your online banking.
- Use the email: email@example.com to send your e-transfer to us.
- Under details, be sure to include your phone number and what the payment is for eg: UB (Utility Bill and your account number) or PT (and your tax roll number) or your accounts receivable invoice number (facility rentals etc.). This can also be used for renewal of dog licenses, just include the dog tag number in the memo section (ie: 1234 Dog Tag).
- If a confirmation receipt from the Town is required, please email a request for confirmation directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the amount of your payment and date sent. We will search your transaction and reply once we receive it.
You may set up bill payments in your online banking following these simple steps:
- Search the list of vendors to find Town of Lamont OR Lamont, Town of
- Select Utilities
- Use the account number on your utility bill, enter the last 7 numbers. (Exclude the first three leading zeros.)
Make an Online Payment - OptionPay
The Town of Lamont offers payment with select credit cards through the OptionPay System. This can be done online or at the Town Office.
Payments can be made for:
- Tax Payments
- Other Receivable Invoices
*This system is NOT for Photo Enforcement or Provincial Tickets.
Important Information for OptionPay Users:
OptionPay uses a tiered fee schedule with a minimum fee of $2.00.